Four Year Olds
- Children must be 4 by September 1.
- Classes meet from 9:15am-1:15pm.
- Morning and afternoon carline provided with a police officer assisting with entering and exiting the parking lot.
- There are fourteen to sixteen children in a class with a teacher and an assistant.
- They enjoy music, Bible, and STEAM class weekly.
- These students enjoy attending chapel twice a month.
- Children work on strengthening fine motor skills necessary to master cutting, writing, tracing, and copying.
- The teachers use Zoo Phonics (zoophonics.com) to reinforce letter sounds. They study Science (Five Senses, Dinosaurs, Magnets) and Math (including number recognition, counting, matching, sequencing, patterns and sorting).
- The classes are theme based. Some of the themes covered include: Barnyard Buddies, Apples, Leaves, Pumpkins, Hibernation, Dinosaurs, Presidents, Zoo, Dr. Seuss and Insects.
- The fours participate in a fall costume parade, Christmas program for the parents, Easter Egg hunt, Mother's Day lunch and they have an end of the year program.
- Student evaluations are sent home three times a year.
- All activities are intended to provide the children with the skills needed to be successful in kindergarten.
"Let the children come to me, do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:14